Sunday, October 4, 2009

Beef Filet in Polynesian Posison sauce



I love to cook on my grill, especially steaks. This is one of my favorite recipes for cooking... well the perfect steak. The two most important steps in cooking the steak is preparation & timing. First choose a cut of meat. I like to cook thinker cuts of beef filet. Then prepare the Poison sauce.

1/2 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. oil
2 tsp. of whisked molasses
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
& a pinch of black & red pepper

Cover both sides of filet and wrap in tin foil for at least two hours for proper marinade process. The grilling part is really left up to preference. I prefer to heat the grill at a high temperature then slightly lower it before placing the meat. For rare (140-150 degrees) is usually 6-7 minutes, Medium(160 degrees) is 9-12 minutes and 12-15 minutes for well(170 degrees). Use the hand test or a meat thermometer to help you determine the temperature of your steaks. Once getting desired color, let the filet cool, garnish & serve with choices of sides. I usually like a salad & potato substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment